CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Master Cam Help

Posted by marble here
on 2002-04-24 19:10:28 UTC
OK what I want to do is make tool paths for the PC B board I do have all
the DXF files of the board this board is two sided. what I have done so
far is freeze all the layers I don't want I then removed all the fill that
was on the board which left only the traces. I then re saved as a new DXF.
I then used Ace to make G-Code but it does the whole board it only leaves
the traces I don't want that.I want to get the board to look like Johns
Piker boards.I also have the drill file already so the drilling is not
hard .

I want to run EM C later... This machine I am going to use is a friends
he does allot of engraving in wood with it and he uses Master Cam , Quick
Cam . I was told that it would do the board just fine .

Now if we can't get it to work right I could take one of my other
computers and hook it up to the engraver. What would be the best program
to run it with??? CNC pro, Kcam3 ,master5 ,???? I know there will be a
learning curve so what one is the most user friendly ???????.

all the DFX files were done in Auto Cad I was told that turbo-cad 2d is
good but I tried to find it but all I could find out there was turboPro8.

I know that it takes time but I am doing this as a learn as you go on all
the programs Auto Cad , and Ace ,and the milling program when I get the
one I will use .

I hope this helps a little .

John Brauweiler