CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: bobcad or vector cad?

Posted by imserv1
on 2002-05-01 20:04:20 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Bob Stone" <spoothammer@h...> wrote:
> Fred,
>

>an American company (however, is Vector
> created in the US or Deutchland?)

Vector is a product of Centriforce in the Netherlands. It is
published in German, Dutch, French, and English. IMService in
SouthEast Michigan, USA is the primary English language distributor
and ships English versions of Vector CAD Cam, to all parts of the
world except Benelux, Germany and Switzerland. (and also excluding
certain countries prohibited by the US State Department, like Iraq).
We produce "Americanized" printed and electronic documentation and
24/7 on-line support at our web forum. We are given pretty much
a "free hand", due to the reputation we have established for fair
dealing, honesty, and outstanding customer support. Vectorcam has
always been a windows program and was first released in 1992.
IMService has been handling Vector since 1995, and in 1998 became the
US representative, handling sales, support, documentation, and
distribution. We have shipped over 2000 licensed copies of Vector
Cam since then. (Not counting the Sherline VectorCad Only)

The owner of Centriforce is a US citizen who happens to also be the
brother of the owner of BobCadCam. Both products have about equal
Dutch Content, with Bobcad also having a considerable Australian
flavoring due to a past arrangement with Auscad (now OneCNC) in
Queensland- Australia.

> I'm slowly getting the feel for Vector Cad but it's going to take a
while.
> Thanks for the info Fred. ( I still however, never found the price
of
> upgading to Vector CAD&CAM from my Sherline cad version)

That information is provided with the CD and is available when you
register the CAD. If you cannot find the pricing info, please
contact our office to find the current pricing. It is similar but
not identical to the discounts that we provide to the Cad-Cam-Edm-Dro
group.

> PS... no mention is made on my CD about what VectorNC is?

The CD is very similar to the CAM version. Some features are not
available until the NC-Cam is purchased. The NC editor is available
for viewing (Special-Insert NC), but you cannot generate NC code.
Any attempt will prompt you to contact your dealer to purchase that
option. ;-)

Our other products come from Germany (Iges2DXF), Canada (StlTrans and
Accutrans), and the US (Amorphium, Lathe Quick Code, Vfontz, Vcarvz,
StlWork, and RasterFratz).

In addition to the radid product development that occurs with
VectorCam, we have an aggressive program to bring low cost Cad-Cam
related products to market at hobby and small commercial shop
prices. After RasterFratz is released, we have a PC board trace
milling and drilling program waiting, and will probably produce a
nesting program for flat sheet utilization improvements. There are
also 2 or 3 other products in the early design stages that I cannot
discuss at this time.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/2002group.html

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

spoothammer 2002-05-01 03:45:32 UTC bobcad or vector cad? mart_wid 2002-05-01 05:33:24 UTC Re: bobcad or vector cad? IMService 2002-05-01 05:48:46 UTC Re: bobcad or vector cad? Bob Stone 2002-05-01 06:17:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: bobcad or vector cad? Dave Hylands 2002-05-01 07:25:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: bobcad or vector cad? imserv1 2002-05-01 07:36:03 UTC Re: bobcad or vector cad? imserv1 2002-05-01 07:38:47 UTC Re: bobcad or vector cad? Dave Hylands 2002-05-01 07:56:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: bobcad or vector cad? Bob Stone 2002-05-01 08:19:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: bobcad or vector cad? stevenson_engineers 2002-05-01 12:10:40 UTC Re: bobcad or vector cad? imserv1 2002-05-01 20:04:20 UTC Re: bobcad or vector cad? ballendo 2002-05-02 07:51:49 UTC Re: bobcad or vector cad?