CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC GUI

armartinus wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have been reading for a few days on your site and am interested in
> EMC but before i go through the task i would like to know how it
> works. I went to the Deskam site and down loaded their dos version of
> it but did not like the fact that i had to type in comands .To jog
> the thing first i would have to type jog then use a key like [u] for
> the up direction.Please tell me that EMC does not work in this
> fashion.Also if i could get one axis to follow another like A follows
> the X axis but in reverse in EMC.

It uses cursor arrow keys (and page up/page down for Z) to jog in
manual mode. There is a selection of jog speed, and continuous or
incremental jogging, the incremental can be set to jog in .1, .01, .001
or .0001" steps each time you hit the key.

You can open an "edit" window and point to the line to start the program
from, if you need to go back and re-run part of a program after a broken
tool, etc. You can edit the tool table inside EMC to change cutter diameter
or length. You can start and stop the spindle and coolant in manual
mode with one keystroke. It also has one-key feedrate override in
10% steps.

armartinus 2002-05-01 20:01:19 UTC EMC GUI William Scalione 2002-05-01 21:45:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC GUI Jon Elson 2002-05-01 22:22:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC GUI