CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC  GUI

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-05-02 06:32:21 UTC
armartinus

   From: "armartinus" <armartin@...>
>...To jog
> the thing first i would have to type jog then use a key like [u] for
> the up direction.Please tell me that EMC does not work in this
> fashion.

It doesn't work like that. <g> But it could if you really got to missing the
text based interface. The EMC can be made to work almost any way that you
would like it to thanks in large part to the open source nature of it. The
arrows and page keys jog with the normal guis when the control is in manual
mode.

> Also if i could get one axis to follow another like A follows
> the X axis but in reverse in EMC.

There is a small difference from what you are saying about following here.
The EMC commands motions to an end point and assigns speed and acceleration
to each axis so that they arrive at the same time -- if that is what you want
them to do. One axis does not follow another regardless of the speed or load
of the leading axis.

HTH

RayH -- U.P. Michigan

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2002-05-02 06:32:21 UTC Re: EMC  GUI