CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: pulser

Posted by dave_ace_me
on 2002-05-02 17:30:02 UTC
Hi Bill,

Pic's are neat little microprocessors.
the learning curve is a little steep, but you can do a lot with them.

If you want a simplier learing curve, try the BasicStamp
www.parallax.com it is programmed in pbasic which is proprietary but
free.

pic's can be programed in basic, but that may cost money.
they can be programmed in C so you can program in free. however you
will need to learn programming.

the third chioce is the Atmel chips, also a micro, and they offer a
free basic program.

for learing the hardware and pin connections and stuff, you cannot
beat the plethora of data and the super simple learning curve of the
stamp. WAY easier to learn than the PIC. and paralax gives you the
manual with tons of applications data for free.

you can drive an H bridge from any of these very easily.

There are yahoo groups on all of these, but the Stamp is really for
beginners.

good luck.

I think this is off topic enough to draw attention so if you want
further data, here are links to some of those sites.

http://www.parallaxinc.com/
www.microchip.com
www.atmel.com

good luck.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jumpnkd@a... wrote:
> I want to build a box that would send pulses to drive one stepper
motor at
> 1amp.
> I want to be able to pull and run 4 different maps and have them
repeatable
> as well as having manual control.
> This is for a robotics project I am working on. I have a friend at
MIT and

Jumpnkd@a... 2002-05-02 08:48:27 UTC pulser Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-05-02 12:39:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] pulser dave_ace_me 2002-05-02 17:30:02 UTC Re: pulser