CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: OT Subjects

on 2002-05-03 17:51:49 UTC
From: "Gail & Bryan Harries" <gab@s...>
Date: Fri May 3, 2002 8:18 pm
Subject: RE: OT Subjects

Bill,
For the benefit of others, I think it should have been noted that the
subject of the post that I replied to on CCED, that was the root of
our
discrepancy, was the release of an update to a CAM program from
Australia...
the original poster commented that the release was late (based on his
reading "due in the new fiscal year" on the associated website... My
reply
pointed out that the Australian fiscal year runs Jul-Jun, whereby not
making
the release late yet...
Here is part of my off list substantiation: "My post (41777) directly
answers the question asked in post 41776... "Are they on the
Gregorian or
Roman calender?".
The purpose of which I assume was to get a feel for how long it would
be
before the stated changes to the CAM software in question (DevCAM)
would be
implemented... The DevCAM site is Australian..."

Now from my way of thinking, the release of an update to a CAM program
certainly fits the second "C" in CCED... and clarifying the
difference in
fiscal years for the basis of the release timing is surely related?

I conducted ALL of my discussions with you over the appropriateness
of my
posting off list, in a polite and courteous manner... Even after
pointing
out what I thought an obvious connection to the list subject, and
indicated
to you that I was in TOTAL agreement and supported your stance
regarding Off
Topic Posts, Flames, Arguments on the list, as I do for the lists
that I
moderate... yet your stance was (and I quote from your off list
response to
me), "I am not going to change my habits/methods, or ornery old man
attitude."
Once again, this is entirely your prerogative... but it saddened me
to think
that the above example was not acceptable to you as "on topic" to a
CCED
discussion, and certainly contributed to my choice to not frequent
CCED as I
had in the past...

Now I think there has been adequate "fact" from both sides presented,
so
individuals can make their own assessment of WHAT is UNDERSTOOD by
WHOM...

Art, thank you for your tolerance re this OT thread... but I felt I
had to
publicly respond to "but the truth also needs to be told"... I feel
that I
conducted myself in a more than appropriate manner on any/all of the
many
lists that I frequent, CCED included!!!

Posted with, and acknowledging respect for Bill.

Bryan