CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC newbie was Digest Number 2288

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-05-06 06:44:10 UTC
PJH

I missed the original here but a couple additional thoughts on this. Are you
logged in as root? You will need to be root in order to run the real time
versions of the EMC rather than the sim version.

There is a small problem with system that is started when you press the
emc_mini icon. Contact me off list and I'll send a revised ini file that you
can copy to the /usr/local/emc directory and overwrite the old one.

Ray

>    From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
> Subject: RE: Digest Number 2286
>
> Linux (EMC) can read fat formatted (DOS) floppies just fine. I just
> shove them in an it works. To set up the other EMC sessions to work you
> have to go in and edit the corresponding .ini file to be appropriate for
> your computer and machine.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2002-05-06 06:44:10 UTC Re: EMC newbie was Digest Number 2288