CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Picture tubes and LCD's

Posted by nahydro
on 2002-05-07 01:13:00 UTC
A better approach to converting existing lcd displays these days is
to use some of the very inexpensive internet appliance devices, now
available surplus. You'll get a decent computer bundled with the
panel.

An example would be the iOpener cnc controller I've built up...or
iOcnc. For about $150 it results in a 200MHz Pentium class compact
800x600 color touch screen (DTSN) controller running EMC under linux.
These boxes are availabe on Ebay these days for about $50.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Dale Smith" <mediasmith@m...> wrote:
> Me Too!!!! I have been trying to turn up enough info to allow me to
adapt color LCD displays from old, dead laptops and notebooks for use
as shop computer monitors.

> If any video genius has the word, it is certainly going to be
appreciated by more than one person!

> AS Well: Most of what I know about electrical things stems from Ham
radio in the mid-'50s. Along with the new things I newer heard of,
there are a couple of things I forgot.

> I am now faced with a transformer with inputs for 120, 220, and 480
VAC and outputs for the same voltages. The problem is, it is
rated ".250 KVA" How do I get from there to amps@volts in/out?

> Thanks,
> WDSmith
>

> Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 22:24:44 -0000
> From: "audiomaker2000" <audiomaker@s...>
> Subject: Picture tubes and LCD's
>
> <snip>Older CNC controls often have those little CRT screens that
go bad,
> or ghost, or burn in...
>
> How hard would it be to replace on of those CRT's with an LCD and
> what would be involved in the conversion?
>
> While I'm here, let me ask the same question but subsitute the LCD
> for a computer monitor of recent manufacture.
>
> Thoughts?
> Sean

audiomaker2000 2002-05-04 15:24:47 UTC Picture tubes and LCD's Dale Smith 2002-05-06 08:11:11 UTC Picture tubes and LCD's nahydro 2002-05-07 01:13:00 UTC Re: Picture tubes and LCD's J.Critchfield 2002-05-08 17:09:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Picture tubes and LCD's rekmac 2002-05-09 06:17:27 UTC Re: Picture tubes and LCD's turbulatordude 2002-05-10 04:50:05 UTC iOcnc (was Re: Picture tubes and LCD's