CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Fwd: Re: EMC

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-05-07 20:45:12 UTC
From: Ray Henry <rehenry@...>
To: Gene <capper@...>

Gene

Your pestersomeness is a typical thing with new users. After a bit you get
everything setteled out to your satisfaction and then they get real quiet.

The easiest thing to do is to call me - 906-875-6692. I will be out until 4
or so tomorrow.

Excuse me for yelling but there are a couple of things that really need to
sink in. If the letters are RED it means that your limit switch polarities
are backwards in the ini file. There is a section in the handbook that deals
with setting up the ini like you need to do. Until you see YELLOW letters in
the position displays when you start up the emc you can not do anyting else
except press lim oride and then you get just one move.

Once you have yellow letters you can press home and it will home out the
active axis. It's the one with the little box around it. If when you press
home, the axis starts to move and just keeps on going, then you need to
reverse the home switch polarity for each axis. A correct home switch
polarity will turn the position display letters green when the switch is
tripped.

You will want the home switches in parallel if normally open or series if
normally closed. IMHO pin 10 is not used so disconnect the switch.

There is one other thing that seems to trouble some when they start out. You
may think that you are editing the correct ini but the real one is referenced
on about line 27 of the run file that you use. If you are using emc.run then
look in it and see what ini file is referred to on that line.

Now max velocity is set in the task portion of the ini and it is in units per
second. So a max velocity of 1.67 is 72 ipm if you are using inches.

Sorry for your frustration but you have a very powerful and configurable
controller in that box. It will take you a while to get the hang of it.

Hope this helps.

Ray

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 18:45, you wrote:
> Message: 20
>    Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 12:18:29 -1000
>    From: Gene <capper@...>
> Subject: EMC
>
> I want to thank everyone who has helped with this task. I know I'm being
> a pest but this thing is driving me nuts. I cannot get EMC out of e-stop
> without pushing limit override. If I do that then all axis will move via
> jog. I have three switches hooked together normally closed for plus, and
> three for minus hooked to pins #15 and #13. They appear to be working
> fine ,when I trip each switch a box appears which says either "max
> limits" or "min limits" . If I trip two limits and a home together the
> display turns yellow. The homing function wont work at all ,it lights up
> if I push limit override, but nothing happens. I have checked the home
> switches over and over and they are working fine to the par-port
> interface. I have the home switches hooked to pin #12. I also have a
> switch on pin# 10, normally closed, for e-stop in master5, Which also
> wont work due to incapatabilites. Also how can you increase the jog
> speed? It only goes to 72 in that little box. I had to quit today due to
> frustrations. Thanks for all the help!!!

Ray Henry 2002-05-07 20:45:12 UTC Fwd: Re: EMC Gene 2002-05-07 21:38:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fwd: Re: EMC Ray Henry 2002-05-08 13:10:01 UTC Re: Re: Fwd: Re: EMC