CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Fwd: Re: EMC

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-05-08 13:10:01 UTC
Gene

Sounds like good progress. The tilde'd version of a named file is a backup
copy of a file made by the default editor. Usually the named file is the one
that is really running.

The way to compute the INPUT_SCALE is to multiply each of these variables
together. Since you suggest inch as the unit I'll use that.

1 -- Turns of the leadscrew per inch
2 -- Gear or belt reduction from motor to leadscrew.
3 -- Steps or pulses per turn of the motor
4 -- Microsteps per step

On my Grizz these values are

1 -- 5
2 -- 3
4 -- 2

which equals 6000.

When I design an axis I keep this value in mind because it will limit
resolution and it will limit rapid travel. It limits resolution because you
will not get a smaller increment of travel that one or two of these. It
limits rapid because you can't expect to get more than about 15 KHz from the
parport.

Again using my Grizz I don't expect to be able to take smaller steps than
something like 1/6000 to 1/3000 of an inch. My max feed rate from the
computer will be 15Khz divided by 6000 steps per inch times 60 seconds in a
minute or about 150 ipm. Now that is a lot faster than my little motors will
drive the dovetail slides so I could have geared it down a bit more or used
five microsteps per motor step.

If you are using freqmod you will also want to put the same value in
OUTPUT_SCALE.

HTH

Ray

>    From: Gene <capper@...>
> Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: EMC
>
> Since I wrote this I have found that it works fine with EMC-run, but
> wont work with EMC-generic. I notice there are two ini files now with a
> short tilde and long tilde following. EMC-run uses the short tilde.How
> would you setup for inches with a 10 tpi leadscrew.

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2002-05-07 20:45:12 UTC Fwd: Re: EMC Gene 2002-05-07 21:38:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fwd: Re: EMC Ray Henry 2002-05-08 13:10:01 UTC Re: Re: Fwd: Re: EMC