CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: New user

on 2002-05-09 04:00:29 UTC
Welcome to the list Blaise,

The archives of this list have lots of discussins about pcb engravers
and small units.

My experiance with pcb engravers is with through hole and lines that
are not close to one another.

Such a device is simple, and be made of most any materials as the
cutting forcees are not very heavy. Many on here use common threaded
rod and are quite satisfied of the performance.

As Bill had mentioned, the links on his e-mail are very extensive and
provide lots of material. The files and picture sections also have
lots of great data.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Meles MELES <meles@f...> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to this list so let me introduce me. I'm a little
froggy
> (yeah, a french guy :-)) and I wich to build a small CNC to engrave
PCB.

> I hope this list will help me to find some ideas, schematics and
great
> sites to visit.
>
> In fact I don't really know what to begin with. I don't even know
in
> which material I should build my CNC. I live in an appartment so I
> can't do heavy metal working. So I think it should be better for me
> build it in wood, plastic or maybe aluminium.
> There is also another problem I will have to solve : I work under
linux
> and it would be great if I could drive my CNC with my penguin box.
>
> Best regards.
> Blaise
>
> PS : I'm sorry for my poor english but it is a long time since I
> haven't practiced.
> --
> Question: Comment s'écrit Jacoboni ?
> Réponse: Jacoboni, pas Jacobini.
> -+- fcol-faq in Guide du linuxien pervers - "Bien configurer son
Jaco"
> -+-

Discussion Thread

Meles MELES 2002-05-08 20:43:24 UTC New user wanliker@a... 2002-05-08 21:32:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New user turbulatordude 2002-05-09 04:00:29 UTC Re: New user Garry & Maxine Foster 2002-05-09 06:37:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New user James Owens 2002-05-09 08:51:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New user Mel Williams 2002-05-09 10:02:40 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New user Ray Henry 2002-05-09 13:01:11 UTC Re: New user