CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New user

Posted by Mel Williams
on 2002-05-09 10:02:40 UTC
I am building the PCB mill from this page. In fact it moved under power
last night
for the first time. I have had the parts put together for a while but it
was taking some time to finish all the cables. I had one wiring error in
the printer cable I butchered to interface to the computer. The motors are
running at five volts. This means limited motor speed. I am looking in to
building a higher voltage power supply but being cheap I refuse to pay big
bucks for a transformer. I am not using the stepper driver from the plan
set I built the on found on this page,
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ih/doc/stepper/control2/3axis/ .
It seems to run quite hot at the five volts. I will need to limit the
current if I go to twelve volts.
Now if I can only stop my self from cackling like a mad scientist and
saying IT LIVES!!!
Mel

-----Original Message-----
From: Garry & Maxine Foster [SMTP:garry.foster@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 6:38 AM
To: Meles MELES; CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New user

For simple pcb milling take a look here. Not free but very
reasonable....

http://www.geocities.com/crankorgan/

Garry

To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
From: Meles MELES <meles@...>
Date sent: Thu, 9 May 2002 01:47:23 +0200
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New user
Send reply to: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

> Hi,
> I'm new to this list so let me introduce me. I'm a little froggy
> (yeah, a french guy :-)) and I wich to build a small CNC to engrave
> PCB.
>
> I hope this list will help me to find some ideas, schematics and great
> sites to visit.
>
> In fact I don't really know what to begin with. I don't even know in
> which material I should build my CNC. I live in an appartment so I
> can't do heavy metal working. So I think it should be better for me to
> build it in wood, plastic or maybe aluminium. There is also another
> problem I will have to solve : I work under linux
> and it would be great if I could drive my CNC with my penguin box.
>
> Best regards.
> Blaise
>
> PS : I'm sorry for my poor english but it is a long time since I
> haven't practiced. -- Question: Comment s'ecrit Jacoboni ? Reponse:
> Jacoboni, pas Jacobini. -+- fcol-faq in Guide du linuxien pervers -
> "Bien configurer son Jaco" -+-

> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
> it if you have trouble. http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
> for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> bill, List Mom List Owner
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]
bill,
List Mom