CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: pcb router

on 2002-05-09 05:14:42 UTC
Hi Bob,

you didn't mention the size of table you need.

check Sherline as they offer cnc kits for their mills. Mills with
CNC stepper mounts start at about $1,000

If you wanted to take a Grizzly Mini-Mill and convert it you have the
manual mill to make the parts to automate it. The mill costs about
$600 plus shipping and you have to convert it.

Harbor Freight sells the mini-mill for about $500 delivered. if you
can wait for delivery.

Either is a good platform to start with.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Bob Stone" <spoothammer@h...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked though the archives but may not have used a good search
> keyword...at any rate.. can anyone recommend an inexpensive (<$2000
US),
> off-the-shelf x-y-z-table/mill for routing circuit boards? By
routing I mean
> engraving the circuit outlines like LPKF, T-Tech, etc.
>
> I don't mind having to add my own steppers or stepper-drive
hardware &
> software and would be generating the routes with Eagle-PCB. I am
wrestling
> with the idea of just building my own, and may have to. My budget
is tight
> and I realise that perhaps $2000 is laughable but then again for
about $4000
> I could buy a Roland EGX-300 and be done with it.
>
> I thought I'd at least check with the experts here first. Anyone
make a
> naked x-y-z table (meaning lead screws, linear slides, gantry,
etc)? I have
> seen some nice tables like the STEP-Four but the shipping from
Germany would