CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

pcb router

on 2002-05-09 12:39:04 UTC
Hi Bob,

More like $3-4K, sorry.

I suggest you get some 12-18" zero backlash lead screws (ball screws),
some round precision shafting for ways and some recirculating
ball-bearing slides, and make one yourself!

I found some surplus stuff several years ago, and am making a PCB mill
from them. See the pix for this list. In addition to the ways and zero
backlash lead screws, I've since collected motors and driver/PS modules
from three HP (II's and III's) LaserJet printers, so I have some low
cost drive for them also! The software, I wrote myself. You can get
TurboCNC, at the list:

turbocnc@yahoogroups.com

Here is a list for PCB's:
Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com

Here is a recent PCB mill site:
http://www.epsilon-international.com/Products/products.html

Hope this helps.

Alan KM6VV

Bob Stone wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I looked though the archives but may not have used a good search
> keyword...at any rate.. can anyone recommend an inexpensive (<$2000 US),
> off-the-shelf x-y-z-table/mill for routing circuit boards? By routing I mean
> engraving the circuit outlines like LPKF, T-Tech, etc.
>
> I don't mind having to add my own steppers or stepper-drive hardware &
> software and would be generating the routes with Eagle-PCB. I am wrestling
> with the idea of just building my own, and may have to. My budget is tight
> and I realise that perhaps $2000 is laughable but then again for about $4000
> I could buy a Roland EGX-300 and be done with it.
>
> I thought I'd at least check with the experts here first. Anyone make a
> naked x-y-z table (meaning lead screws, linear slides, gantry, etc)? I have
> seen some nice tables like the STEP-Four but the shipping from Germany would
> kill me. Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Discussion Thread

Bob Stone 2002-05-09 04:57:29 UTC pcb router turbulatordude 2002-05-09 05:14:42 UTC Re: pcb router Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-05-09 12:39:04 UTC pcb router Tim Goldstein 2002-05-09 13:03:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] pcb router Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-05-09 14:07:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] pcb router