CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Diagrams of the tape-O-matic

Posted by Bertho Boman
on 2000-01-04 03:28:28 UTC
If you are desperate to create readable copies, try to scan the originals on a color scanner. there are stitching programs
that allows the pieces to be reassembled and realigned. Then use a photo editor and selectively drop out colors and change
contrast settings before final shrink down and conversion to gray scale.

As Jon said, "A lot of work".

Bertho Boman
======================================

> From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
> > The spindle I haven't dug into yet. If anyone can actually read any of
> > the block diagrams I posted, I'll post more, but I may have to get
> > better at the process. The originals are OK to read, but are tan/brown
> > with age, and don't scan or copy well at all. The fact that they were
> > shrunk to 8 1/2" x 11" before scanning doesn't help either.
>
> You may need to tweak the copier settings before copying the drawings,
> or scan the originals in pieces and reassemble in grey-scale mode, and
> then image process the scan before posting. (A lot of work.)
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Brad Heuver 2000-01-03 07:38:54 UTC Diagrams of the tape-O-matic Jon Elson 2000-01-03 21:39:27 UTC Re: Diagrams of the tape-O-matic Bertho Boman 2000-01-04 03:28:28 UTC Re: Diagrams of the tape-O-matic