CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] He..eeelp! Me lathe won't go! Orac

on 2002-05-11 19:50:53 UTC
Some machines allow you to 'back off' from the LS. Mine lets me hold the
RESET button IN, and simultaneously press the Jog key X, Y, or Z in the
direction required. Just make sure you're jogging in the RIGHT direction.
The limit switches are there for a purpose. You might back the feedscrew
by hand, to get it going. Anyways, in the future, wire your control panel
with a momentary push-button switch in 'series' with the LS, that will
temporarily 'negate' the LS, and use that (recently installed PB) with the
proper jog button to get you going again. (The RIGHT direction caveat still
applies). BTW, I consider it a day lost that I haven't smashed, scratched,
burned, or cut some clumsy body part that didn't, wouldn't, or couldn't get
out of harms way. Also, better choose stronger, and more
mechanically-inclined friends.
Cheers,

RayHex

----------
> From: John <johnhe-uk@...>
>
> Dedication for you eh? :)
> I push the carridge down towards the spindle and under it (No toolpost on
it
> yet). The carridge touches the end X limit switch and beeps. I then push
the
> carridge towards the back of the lathe. Problems begin, I think the
carridge
> ran agaisnt the last limit switch. The lathe stopped. The lathe is now
not
> moving in manual mode. In manual mode I have three things I can access,
they
> are: X= Y= and the transverse speeds. As is I can alter these but the
> steppers do not move the machine in the real world.
>
> Pressing 'start' or 'manual' on the section label manual mode on the
keypad
> does nothing. Pressing stop takes it back to the main menu if it's in
> manual.

John 2002-05-11 16:08:28 UTC He..eeelp! Me lathe won't go! Orac Raymond Heckert 2002-05-11 19:50:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] He..eeelp! Me lathe won't go! Orac