CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC robotic welding arms

Posted by ths992001
on 2002-05-15 19:24:00 UTC
I once mounted a laminate trimmer (small router) on the end of a
Seiko RT3200 robot. Here's a picture to get an idea of scale:

http://www.servosystems.com/used_robots_seikort3200.htm

It was ok for the job which was routing pockets in 1/4"
polycarbonate, but it sure was not in the same class of a real
machine.

Anybody want to mount a router on one of those Cincinnati Milacron
mosnters?

- Tom

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "rainnea" <rab@r...> wrote:
> Could CNC robotic welding arms be successfully put to other uses,
> such as routing ?
> I kind of suspect that the answer is no due to backlash and
rigidity
> but would like to hear the opinions of people on this list as it
> would be an interesting project.

Discussion Thread

rainnea 2002-05-15 11:30:12 UTC CNC robotic welding arms ths992001 2002-05-15 19:24:00 UTC Re: CNC robotic welding arms