CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Adding friction to an axis? - or some other solutio...

Posted by JanRwl@A...
on 2002-05-30 20:33:37 UTC
In a message dated 30-May-02 21:22:00 Central Daylight Time,
prenolds@... writes:

> I'm running a Flashcut controller with '201 Geckos in full (10)
> microstep mode and even though I have been conservative with my
> accelerations, I guess it is still possible that I'm losing steps.

Peter: I know nothing of "professional" machines such as BP, except that
they DID originally use steppers, and that worked very well! I can only
imagine that you may have a little "step-skipping" due to very free
ball-screws. Too, you may have some mysterious [electrical] noise getting on
the stepper-driver-input lines. I had that on my first home-brew machine,
but NEVER on my new one, which uses opto-isolator inputs, as do the Gecko
drives (FINE little things those are!).

I'd have to BE there to give further guesses. Lotsa luck! Jan Rowland

JanRwl@A... 2002-05-30 20:33:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Adding friction to an axis? - or some other solutio... JanRwl@A... 2002-05-31 14:27:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Adding friction to an axis? - or some other solutio...