CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Adding friction to an axis? - or some other solutio...

Posted by JanRwl@A...
on 2002-05-31 14:27:37 UTC
In a message dated 31-May-02 00:18:39 Central Daylight Time,
jerry.jankura@... writes:

> If I can toss in an idea - could it be that you're getting some kind of
> round-off error that essentially means that moving the same distance cw and
> ccw (assuming no backlash) does not put the carriage in exactly the same
> position.<<

Jerry! a VERY good question for the [whoever] began this thread! In my
little machine when I first began "calculating step-values" (1978!)I failed
to take into account the numbers-calculated were NOT "integers", and I had
this very problem! I quickly figured a "tweak" to the software so it would
"accumulate" fractions until that added to at least ONE, and then I added
that ONE to the next step-count, saving the remaining fraction to be added
further, etc. This way, the tool-location is "rounded off" to the nearest
integer of steps, with no "accumulative" error. I CAN see how this may be
the initiator's problem! GOOD observe! Jan Rowland

JanRwl@A... 2002-05-30 20:33:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Adding friction to an axis? - or some other solutio... JanRwl@A... 2002-05-31 14:27:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Adding friction to an axis? - or some other solutio...