CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: servotogo-problems

Posted by Jan
on 2000-01-11 06:38:20 UTC
To Jon, Matt and the list

>>Jan wrote:

>> It is to say that I'm back to where I was (only the A7 bit is
>> still initialised to = 0 but I can toggle it with the Svg-soft).

>I still don't understand this, my limit switches are not hooked up,
>and I have been able to set the software to believe everything is
>OK.

This seems to be a hardware trouble with my STG-card. This is not the normal behaviour of the card, normally all inputs are =1. I had contact with Don of STG and he is telling me that he has heard of this problem before. He is also willing to replace my card (told you yet that I'm pleased to work with them). The only problem now is that they don't have any model 1 in stock neither does he know when they will be. So it looks like I have to switch to the model 2.
Question is can EMC handle yet a model 2 card? I saw in the latest version of EMC a file stg2.c (h, o,...) in this source file there is code to determine the card's model number and other function. Also in the makefile, Fred is using these files when compiling but I didn't read anything about this in the "what is new in this release-file". Did Fred just silently upgraded to this model 2 board or is this code still experimental? Do you guys know that or do I have to ask Fred?
>> So now when starting up, go out of E-stop, machine on, Dac NOT attached;
>> when turning the servo, the decoder is read in all the three states,

>I don't understand all 3 states. Do you mean all 3 axes?
No state 1 is in E-stop on machine off, State 2 is E-stop reset machine off, State 3 is E-stop reset machine on.
But I found now that when manual or external moving the servo's the encoders will stop being read from the moment I move quickly. This means as I move slowly there is no problem but accelerating does freeze the reading of the encoders in EMC but not in SVG-soft in all 3 states (this is different from what I told last time). This problem occurs in Xemc and Tkemc
Matt found 3Volt a limit for TTL signals (3volt is the encoder signal I provide to the SVG-card) but since the SVG-soft keep on reading I doubt that this is a problem for EMC. Anyway I bought from Heidenhein a EXE- module. This module gives me an optional full Quadrature signal on TTL level (I don't have to touch my original encodercard anymore, so I can ruin that one again.)
So this leaves me the debug-utilities. I looked through the code and found some. Stgdiag works fine only it lack's of documentation luckily the source is there to be helpful. Tried also to work with emcpanel but this module gives me an error for EmcStatus? Don't tell me that this is THE problem? If you guys know other thinks I can try out, let me know, I came to the end of my Latin (translated expression).
Thanks yet for the given attention,
So long,
Jan.

Jan 2000-01-04 08:21:24 UTC servotogo-problems Jon Elson 2000-01-04 12:25:29 UTC Re: servotogo-problems Jan 2000-01-07 03:45:52 UTC Re: servotogo-problems Matt Shaver 2000-01-07 06:38:42 UTC Re: servotogo-problems Jon Elson 2000-01-07 13:02:26 UTC Re: servotogo-problems Jan 2000-01-11 06:38:20 UTC Re: servotogo-problems Jon Elson 2000-01-11 22:13:51 UTC Re: servotogo-problems