CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Latest Design Created with my SherlineCNC

on 2002-05-31 12:58:08 UTC
Hi Dan,

Sounds like it works quite well for you. And by "import" I assume you
mean "PLC". True, you do have to convert to metric measure for the
PLC's, but I found out that it is really no extra code there, as my
controller program accommodates G20/G21 words, and thus needs to do a
mm/in conversions. For generating PLC's, the same choice is made
depending on the state variable set by G20/G21, just backwards in this
case. I found that the PLC arc's and lines are very similar to Gcode,
which made it easy.

Yeah, but using spreadsheets! Aren't they for accountants? ;>)

Alan KM6VV