CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Any suggestions for a Control Program?

Posted by hugo_cnc
on 2002-06-07 15:06:49 UTC
Steve

Check www.deskam.com, they have two controllers, one under dos and
one for windows. Didn't test the windows version, but desknc works
great.

Hugo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Carol & Jerry Jankura"
<jerry.jankura@s...> wrote:
> Steve:
>
> You don't mention what kind of computer you will be using to drive
your
> machine. CNCPro and TurboCNC are DOS programs; I'm running TurboCNC
on a
> 486DX2-50 based notebook computer with a whopping 8 Mbytes of
memory.

> Master5 is a Win95/98 based program and will require a fairly fast
Pentium
> (or better) computer with quite a bit more memory than my notebook
will
> support.
>
> In many cases, folks prefer to keep the design and manufacturing
computers
> separate. Typically, the manufacturing computer will be located
next to the
> computer while the design process will be in a quieter, chip free
location.
> Personally, I wouldn't use the same computer for both activities if
I had