CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Any suggestions for a Control Program?

Posted by reed_irion
on 2002-06-06 17:03:41 UTC
Why pay pay money ? Use the EMC. Its free and very good. Dont let
the Linux BS scare you off, its no big deal

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "stevenmanzer" <smanzer@m...> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have just finished a CNC Router (based on John C Kleinbauer's
> PipeDream) and am considering which CNC Control software to
> purchase. I have looked at CNC Pro, Turbo CNC, and have just
> downloaded MASTER5.
>
> The controller is John's Piker4X step/direction controller for
> steppers.
>
> I realize this is a newbie question...but I was wondering if anyone
> has any preferences one way or the other.
>
> The MASTER5 program seems like it will do more than CNC Pro for
less
> money. It looks like it reads standard files as well as image
> files. I have not connected it to my machine yet to see if it
> actually works as reported. It would be nice to use windows to
> design and then control the router, but I realize there may be a
> performance hit by using windows as the OS.
>
> From what I have seen there are lots of small programs that do a
> specific task well, but you have to flip between programs to obtain
> the task you need. For instance, you can make your design in Corel
> Draw, save as .dxf, read in using KCAM, then output as GCODE, then
> read that with GCODE2000 to change cut depth, or other edits, then
> save as GCODE to CNC Pro...Wow, thats a lot of flipping...anyone
have
> any thoughts?
>

> Any advise would be great,
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Steve

Discussion Thread

stevenmanzer 2002-06-06 14:48:06 UTC Any suggestions for a Control Program? reed_irion 2002-06-06 17:03:41 UTC Re: Any suggestions for a Control Program? Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-06-06 20:32:42 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any suggestions for a Control Program? hugo_cnc 2002-06-07 15:06:49 UTC Re: Any suggestions for a Control Program? StevenManzer 2002-06-12 09:50:30 UTC Re: Any suggestions for a Control Program ? - thanks!