CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Telix and FANUC

Posted by steveggca
on 2002-06-11 11:38:25 UTC
I stand corrected and I didn't know that. Of the dozens of times
that I set up, or assisted on customers machines, I guess that it
was always a 25 pin connecter on the PC.
Learned something new.
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "studleylee" <indigo_red@q...> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> On the 9pin PC connector pin2 and pin3 are reversed already as
> opposed to the 25pin conn. Its weird but true:
>
> 25pin:
> pin2 = TX
> pin3 = RX
>
> 9pin:
> pin2 = RX
> pin3 = TX
>
> -Lee
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "steveggca" <steveggca@y...> wrote:
> > good information but 2-2 and 3-3 will not work the PC will auto
> > switch the send and recieve pins but Fanuc will not.
> > the 2 and 3 pins must be crossed.
> > the rs-232 port on fanuc is almost always connected to channel 0
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "fbuznik" <fedia@p...> wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > For Win users, try www.cadem.com - their NC Net Lite is free.
On
> > the
> > > site there are also examples on cable layouts for different CNC
> > > controllers(http://www.cadem.com/ncnet_dncdetails.htm)
> > > Here are some simple cable connections:
> > > 1. XON/XOFF, 3 wires
> > > PC, 9 pins, female FANUC, 25 pins, male
> > > 2 --------------------- 2
> > > 3 --------------------- 3
> > > 5 --------------------- 7
> > > 1+4+6 6+8+20
> > > 7+8 4+5
> > >
> > > 2. rts/cts
> > > PC, 9 pins, female FANUC, 25 pins, male
> > > 2 --------------------- 2
> > > 3 --------------------- 3
> > > 5 --------------------- 7
> > > 8 --------------------- 4
> > > 7 --------------------- 5
> > > 1+6 ------------------- 20
> > > 4 --------------------- 6+8
> > >
> > > For DOS, try PROCOMM, some old version like 2.xx. Searching
> > > www.gefanuc.com you will find the following:
> > > Serial Communications on Series 0 CNC
> > > I. CNC PARAMETER SETTINGS
> > > Set the following parameters in the Series 0 for the desired
> CNC
> > port.
> > > On the SETTINGS screen, set the following:
> > > TVON = 0
> > > ISO =
> > > 1
> > > I/O = 0 (if using port 1), I/O = 2 (if using port 2)
> > > PWE = 1
> > > TAPEF = 0
> > >
> > > CNC
> > > Parameter Port 1
> > > (M5) Port 2
> > > (M74)
> > > 0002 1xxxxxx1 - -
> > > 0050 - - 1xxxxxx1
> > > 0038 01xxxxxx xx01xxxx
> > > 0552 10 - -
> > > 0253 - - 10
> > >
> > > - - means that this parameter has no effect for this port.
> > > X means that this bit is a "don't care" setting. Either 1 or 0
is
> > OK
> > >
> > > Note: Settings in this table correspond to computer settings
of
> > 4800,
> > > E, 7, 2
> > > (4800 baud, Even parity, 7 data bits and 2 stop bits)
> > >
> > > Hint: Trace the RS-232 cable from the serial port connector
back
> > > the CNC
> > > MASTER PCB (0-B) or MEMORY PCB (0-C) to determine if you are
> > connected
> > > to Port 1 or Port 2. Then, label the serial port connection so
it
> > is
> > > visible from the outside!.
> > >
> > > II. PUNCHING CNC PARAMETERS (CNC --> PC)
> > >
> > > Connect the cable to the computer and the serial port on the
> > CNC.
> > > Set up the computer in accordance with "Using Procomm with
GE
> > Fanuc
> > > Controls".
> > > Set up the CNC parameters in accordance with section I.
> > > Perform the following steps on the PC and CNC as follows:
> > > PC Power up the computer and type CD\PROC242\DLFILES.
> > > PC Type ProComm.
> > > PC Press ESC, Alt-C to clear the screen.
> > > PC With NUMLOCK turned off, press the PgDn key.
> > > PC Select ASCII for the protocol (no. 7).
> > > PC Type in the filename you want for CNC Parameters followed
by
> > RETURN
> > > ( With ProComm 2.4.2, you must use a filename that does not
> > exist ).
> > > CNC Go into EDIT mode.
> > > CNC Press the DGNOS/PARAM, [PARAM], OUTPUT/START keys.
> > > (The CNC will flash OUTPUT in the lower right corner of the
CRT)
> > > (The PC will display the text and count lines until finished.)
> > > (In order to also output 900 series parameters, press and hold
> the
> > EOB
> > > key while pressing OUTPUT/START.)
> > > PC Press ESC to end this procedure. The CNC Parameter file
> > exists in
> > > the \PROC242\DLFILES directory with the filename you
specified.

> [...]
GE
> > Fanuc
> > > Controls"
> > > Set up the CNC parameters in accordance with section I.
> > > Perform the following steps on the PC and CNC as follows:
> > > PC Power up computer and type CD\PROC242\DLFILES.
> > > PC Type PROCOMM.
> > > CNC Press CANCEL and RESET simultaneously to eliminate P/S
100
> > alarm
> > > CNC Go into EDIT mode.
> > > CNC Press one of the following sequences (based on options):
> > > PRGRM, [PRGRM], [I/O], [READ] keys.
> > > PRGRM, [PRGRM], [FLOPPY], [READ], 1, INPUT, [EXEC] keys.
> > > (LSK will flash in the lower right corner of the CRT).
> > > PC Press ESC, Alt-C to clear the screen.
> > > PC With NUMLOCK turned off, press the PgUp key.
> > > PC Select ASCII for the protocol (no. 7).
> > > PC Type in a filename that contains the Part Program
followed
> [...]
> > > PC Press ESC, Alt-C to clear the screen.
> > > PC With NUMLOCK turned off, press the PgUp key.
> > > PC Select ASCII for the protocol (no. 7).
> > > PC Type in the filename that contains the PMC Parameters.
> > > (The CNC will flash INPUT in the right corner of the CRT.)
> > > (The PC will display the text and count lines until finished.)
> > >

> > > VIII LOADING PARAMETERS AFTER CLEARING MEMORY
> > > After memory clear or memory dump has been performed on the 0
> > > controls, the Option parameters (900 series) must be reloaded
by
> > hand
> > > in order to enable serial communications. To accomplish this,
use
> > the
> > > following procedure:
> > >
> > > Depress the ESTOP button.
> > > Power on, set PWE=1
> > > Parameter 38.3 =1(full keypad), 38.3=0(standard keypad),
Power
> > OFF-ON
> > > Manually input Parameters 900-919.
> > > Manually set all I/O parameters according to section I.
> > > Power OFF-ON
> > > Select Parameter screen
> > > Depress EOB & INPUT simultaneously. LSK should flash on
bottom
> > right
> > > corner of monitor
> > > Send parameters from input device per section III.
> > >

> > > NOTE: The order of loading files should be: NC Parameters, PMC
> > > Parameters and then part programs etc.
> > >
> > > Hope this is enough for starting successull connections
> > >
> > > Fedia Buznik
> > > fedia@p...

Discussion Thread

fbuznik 2002-06-11 08:53:33 UTC Telix and FANUC steveggca 2002-06-11 09:01:06 UTC Re: Telix and FANUC studleylee 2002-06-11 10:33:45 UTC Re: Telix and FANUC steveggca 2002-06-11 11:38:25 UTC Re: Telix and FANUC