CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Telix and FANUC

Posted by steveggca
on 2002-06-11 09:01:06 UTC
good information but 2-2 and 3-3 will not work the PC will auto
switch the send and recieve pins but Fanuc will not.
the 2 and 3 pins must be crossed.
the rs-232 port on fanuc is almost always connected to channel 0

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "fbuznik" <fedia@p...> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> For Win users, try www.cadem.com - their NC Net Lite is free. On
the
> site there are also examples on cable layouts for different CNC
> controllers(http://www.cadem.com/ncnet_dncdetails.htm)
> Here are some simple cable connections:
> 1. XON/XOFF, 3 wires
> PC, 9 pins, female FANUC, 25 pins, male
> 2 --------------------- 2
> 3 --------------------- 3
> 5 --------------------- 7
> 1+4+6 6+8+20
> 7+8 4+5
>
> 2. rts/cts
> PC, 9 pins, female FANUC, 25 pins, male
> 2 --------------------- 2
> 3 --------------------- 3
> 5 --------------------- 7
> 8 --------------------- 4
> 7 --------------------- 5
> 1+6 ------------------- 20
> 4 --------------------- 6+8
>
> For DOS, try PROCOMM, some old version like 2.xx. Searching
> www.gefanuc.com you will find the following:
> Serial Communications on Series 0 CNC
> I. CNC PARAMETER SETTINGS
> Set the following parameters in the Series 0 for the desired CNC
port.
> On the SETTINGS screen, set the following:
> TVON = 0
> ISO =
> 1
> I/O = 0 (if using port 1), I/O = 2 (if using port 2)
> PWE = 1
> TAPEF = 0
>
> CNC
> Parameter Port 1
> (M5) Port 2
> (M74)
> 0002 1xxxxxx1 - -
> 0050 - - 1xxxxxx1
> 0038 01xxxxxx xx01xxxx
> 0552 10 - -
> 0253 - - 10
>
> - - means that this parameter has no effect for this port.
> X means that this bit is a "don't care" setting. Either 1 or 0 is
OK

> Note: Settings in this table correspond to computer settings of
4800,
> E, 7, 2
> (4800 baud, Even parity, 7 data bits and 2 stop bits)
>
> Hint: Trace the RS-232 cable from the serial port connector back to
> the CNC
> MASTER PCB (0-B) or MEMORY PCB (0-C) to determine if you are
connected
> to Port 1 or Port 2. Then, label the serial port connection so it
is
> visible from the outside!.
>
> II. PUNCHING CNC PARAMETERS (CNC --> PC)
>
> Connect the cable to the computer and the serial port on the
CNC.
> Set up the computer in accordance with "Using Procomm with GE
Fanuc
> Controls".
> Set up the CNC parameters in accordance with section I.
> Perform the following steps on the PC and CNC as follows:
> PC Power up the computer and type CD\PROC242\DLFILES.
> PC Type ProComm.
> PC Press ESC, Alt-C to clear the screen.
> PC With NUMLOCK turned off, press the PgDn key.
> PC Select ASCII for the protocol (no. 7).
> PC Type in the filename you want for CNC Parameters followed by
RETURN
> ( With ProComm 2.4.2, you must use a filename that does not
exist ).
> CNC Go into EDIT mode.
> CNC Press the DGNOS/PARAM, [PARAM], OUTPUT/START keys.
> (The CNC will flash OUTPUT in the lower right corner of the CRT)
> (The PC will display the text and count lines until finished.)
> (In order to also output 900 series parameters, press and hold the
EOB
> [...]
> Set up the computer in accordance with "Using Procomm with GE
Fanuc
> Controls"
> Set up the CNC parameters in accordance with section I.
> Perform the following steps on the PC and CNC as follows:
> PC Power up computer and type CD\PROC242\DLFILES.
> PC Type PROCOMM.
> CNC Press CANCEL and RESET simultaneously to eliminate P/S 100
alarm
> CNC Go into EDIT mode.
> CNC Press one of the following sequences (based on options):
> PRGRM, [PRGRM], [I/O], [READ] keys.
> PRGRM, [PRGRM], [FLOPPY], [READ], 1, INPUT, [EXEC] keys.
> (LSK will flash in the lower right corner of the CRT).
> PC Press ESC, Alt-C to clear the screen.
> PC With NUMLOCK turned off, press the PgUp key.
> PC Select ASCII for the protocol (no. 7).
> PC Type in a filename that contains the Part Program followed by
RETURN.
> ( The CNC will flash READ in the lower portion of the CRT. )
> ( The PC will display the text and count lines until finished. )
>
> VI. PUNCHING PMC PARAMETERS (CNC --> PC)
>
> Connect the cable to the computer and the serial port on the
CNC.
> Set up the computer in accordance with "Using Procomm with GE
Fanuc
> Controls".
> Set up the CNC parameters in accordance with section I.
> Perform the following steps on the PC and CNC as follows:
> PC Power up the computer and type CD\PROC242\DLFILES.
> PC Type PROCOMM.
> PC Press ESC, Alt-C to clear the screen.
> PC With NUMLOCK turned off, press the PgDn key.
> PC Select ASCII for the protocol (no. 7).
> PC Type in the filename you want for PMC Parameters then press
RETURN.
> (With ProComm 2.4.2, you must use a filename that does not
exist ).
> CNC Go into EDIT mode.
> CNC Press the DGNOS/PARAM, [DGNOS], OUTPUT/START keys.
> ( The CNC will flash OUTPUT on the lower right corner of the CRT.)
> ( The PC will display the text and count lines until finished.)
> PC Press ESC to end this procedure. The PMC Parameter file
exists in the
> \PROC242\DLFILES directory with the filename you specified.
>
> VII. READING PMC PARAMETERS (PC --> CNC)
> Connect the cable to the computer and the serial port on the
CNC.
> Set up the computer in accordance with "Using Procomm with GE
Fanuc
> Controls".
> Set up the CNC parameters in accordance with section I.
> Perform the following steps on the PC and CNC as follows:
> PC Power up computer and type CD\PROC242\DLFILES
> PC Type ProComm.
> CNC Go into EDIT mode.
> CNC Press the DGNOS/PARAM, [DGNOS], INPUT keys.
> (LSK will flash in the lower right corner of the CRT.)
> PC Press ESC, Alt-C to clear the screen.
> PC With NUMLOCK turned off, press the PgUp key.
> PC Select ASCII for the protocol (no. 7).
> PC Type in the filename that contains the PMC Parameters.
> (The CNC will flash INPUT in the right corner of the CRT.)
> (The PC will display the text and count lines until finished.)
>

> VIII LOADING PARAMETERS AFTER CLEARING MEMORY
> After memory clear or memory dump has been performed on the 0
> controls, the Option parameters (900 series) must be reloaded by
hand
> in order to enable serial communications. To accomplish this, use
the
> following procedure:
>
> Depress the ESTOP button.
> Power on, set PWE=1
> Parameter 38.3 =1(full keypad), 38.3=0(standard keypad), Power
OFF-ON
> Manually input Parameters 900-919.
> Manually set all I/O parameters according to section I.
> Power OFF-ON
> Select Parameter screen
> Depress EOB & INPUT simultaneously. LSK should flash on bottom
right
> corner of monitor
> Send parameters from input device per section III.
>

> NOTE: The order of loading files should be: NC Parameters, PMC
> Parameters and then part programs etc.
>
> Hope this is enough for starting successull connections
>
> Fedia Buznik
> fedia@p...

Discussion Thread

fbuznik 2002-06-11 08:53:33 UTC Telix and FANUC steveggca 2002-06-11 09:01:06 UTC Re: Telix and FANUC studleylee 2002-06-11 10:33:45 UTC Re: Telix and FANUC steveggca 2002-06-11 11:38:25 UTC Re: Telix and FANUC