CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] slides

Posted by Bob Stone
on 2002-06-12 07:32:46 UTC
Richard,

I actually tried this about 5 years ago with drawer slides I purchased at a
local hardware store. They had ball bearings and came in a few lengths. I
chose some that had about 10" of travel and as I recall I had to cut off
some ears with a hacksaw. They actually worked very well and were very
cheap. I mounted them on some laminated particle board shelves for both the
X and Y axis. I bought a couple lead screws with delrin nuts and used some
(lousy) pancake steppers that I found somewhere. All-in-all, I had very good
torque and more than enough power to engrave signs, etc. with a variable
speed Dremel (just don't try to use the Dremel tool bits as they are all
junk).

Bob