CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Backslash backlash

Posted by MIADsgns@x...
on 2000-01-13 13:08:51 UTC
In a message dated 1/13/00 3:13:04 PM SA Eastern Standard Time,
pharoahm@... writes:

<< I am thinking about trying to make an anti-backlash nut out of moglice
> instead of converting to ballscrews. Since the thread is brand new and has
> no wear yet, if I cast a nut to it it should be very low backlash. Since
> this is the quickest conversion, I want to try it first. I may someday go
> back and do ballscrews, but I want to try a cast nut. >>

Has anyone tried making the nuts from nylon or delrin? I made the nuts on my
home made CNC router fron some nylon cups used for a drawer center slider
supports, available at Home Depot. I have yet to notice backslash and I am
using standard threaded rod. Basically, I drilled the nylon piece smaller
than the rod's inside thread diameter then using the same rod I tapped the
thread, zero backslash! I did use two per rod at a distance of 6 inches which
is the width of the bridges on my gantry type system.

Mario

Discussion Thread

MIADsgns@x... 2000-01-13 13:08:51 UTC Re: Re: Backslash backlash