CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Limit Switches for Gecko 320

Posted by Les Watts
on 2002-06-20 04:22:56 UTC
I strongly recommend a separate limit/estop as you mention..

I have a circuit on my site that uses normally closed limits in series. If
any one opens
all servos are disconnected and routed through 10 ohm braking resistors.
This
will also happen with sustained (>.25s) mains failure as it is wired as a
magnetic switch.
I must caution that this method may not be safe for Gecko amps due to
suddenly
breaking the servo connection. The resultant Ldi/dt spike is clamped by a
95-105v
tranzorb in the circuit ; the method was "blessed" by my amp maker Copley.
It will work with a non-functional computer, servo amp, or even power
overvoltage.

Jon Elson has another circuit on his site. It has some more sophisticated
logic than
mine and I think brakes servos back through the amps. It may require
functional
amps but does not suddenly physically disconnect servos so it might be
easier
on the amps with voltage spikes. It's better he describe it.

Mariss from Gecko has an e-stop circuit (I think) in the files section of
this group.

Les
Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture