CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Units conversion in CAD programs

Posted by Dave Lantz
on 2002-06-27 10:04:13 UTC
i used the old version of fastcad for about 2 years. all in all, it was
thought out alot better then autocad. i liked the selection process alot
more, and procedures are alot more consistant then with autocad... i use
autocad here though.
i liked qcad the best of the programs i've used... but have the most
experience with autocad, and will probalby stick with it because of that
(and acad is what they bought me here)
---Dave L.

-----Original Message-----
From: stevenson_engineers [mailto:machines@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 12:57 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Units conversion in CAD programs

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "j.guenther" <j.guenther@v...> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> Does any one out there know if it is possible in a CAD program,
>AutoCAD
> 2000, IntelliCAD, Vector etc to change the dimensioning units from
>mm to
> inches or inches to mm. What I want to be able to do is take a
>drawing in
> mm, select the entire drawing and automatically change the
>dimensioning to
> inches. Is there a utility that will do this or something I am
>missing in
> the CAD programs I have that will let me do this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> John Guenther

Yes John,
Fastcad will do this.
I have just drawn a square 100 mm square and dimensioned two sides.
I then went into Settings > units and changed from mm to inches, made
sure the rescale box was clicked and pressed OK units changed to
inches and the dimensions changes to 3.937
So three mouse clicks will do a whole drawing.
Demo at http://www.fastcad.com

John S.

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]
bill,
List Mom