CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shooting Star

on 2002-06-28 18:06:17 UTC
Jeff,
The Shooting Star units are great. When I installed two 3-axis units
on a large (3/8" x 96" wide capacity) plate bending roll, I kept one of
the 48" units to go with the 48" unit supplied with a 2-axis mill unit
that I'd bought, to use as a back-gage on my bending brake. Actually,
since all the 3-axis units had to be shortened to about 12" travel, I
just 'traded' my 12" axis unit for one of the 48" ones.

But, before I install mine, I've come up with a modification that will
make them easier to mount, better protected, and more rigid. If
anyone's interested, I can post CAD or DXF of modification. Note, the
mod will likely void your warrantee, but it's less than ever likely
that you'll need it after the mod.

RayHex

> From: mendoje1 <mendoje1@...>
>
> Scott, thanks for the reply. The Shooting Star DRO is on my list,
> actually first on my list for inexpensive DROs. Can you comment on
> how rugged they are? It would seem to me that the first mod I would
> do would be to provide some extruded aluminum cover to protect the
> rack from bumps and swarf.

Discussion Thread

Raymond Heckert 2002-06-28 18:06:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shooting Star wbhinkle@a... 2002-06-28 20:42:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shooting Star mendoje1 2002-06-29 07:23:20 UTC Re: Shooting Star Marshall Pharoah 2002-06-29 14:39:04 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shooting Star