CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Shooting Star

Posted by mendoje1
on 2002-06-29 07:23:20 UTC
Ray,
Although I don't have a Shooting Star dro (yet?), I would be
interested in seeing a DXF post of your modification. It will help
me decide which way to go. Thanks! Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Raymond Heckert" <jnr@a...> wrote:
> Jeff,
> The Shooting Star units are great. When I installed two 3-axis
units
> on a large (3/8" x 96" wide capacity) plate bending roll, I kept
one of
> the 48" units to go with the 48" unit supplied with a 2-axis mill
unit
> that I'd bought, to use as a back-gage on my bending brake.
Actually,
> since all the 3-axis units had to be shortened to about 12" travel,
> just 'traded' my 12" axis unit for one of the 48" ones.
>
> But, before I install mine, I've come up with a modification that
will
> make them easier to mount, better protected, and more rigid. If
> anyone's interested, I can post CAD or DXF of modification. Note,
the
> mod will likely void your warrantee, but it's less than ever likely
> that you'll need it after the mod.
>
> RayHex
>
> ----------
> > From: mendoje1 <mendoje1@y...>
> >
> > Scott, thanks for the reply. The Shooting Star DRO is on my
list,
> > actually first on my list for inexpensive DROs. Can you comment
on
> > how rugged they are? It would seem to me that the first mod I
would
> > do would be to provide some extruded aluminum cover to protect
the
> > rack from bumps and swarf.

Discussion Thread

Raymond Heckert 2002-06-28 18:06:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shooting Star wbhinkle@a... 2002-06-28 20:42:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shooting Star mendoje1 2002-06-29 07:23:20 UTC Re: Shooting Star Marshall Pharoah 2002-06-29 14:39:04 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shooting Star