CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Ericsson chips, Camtronics driver

on 2000-01-17 23:32:55 UTC
I got PBL 3776 and PBD 3517 chips from PIK power. They have a website at
www.pikpower.com . I haven't dealt with them in several years so I don't know current
pricing.

I just realized Ericsson has sold their industrial circuits division, which includes
their step driver circuits. Read all about it at http://www.ericsson.se/microe/industri.html

I don't have Dan's driver board, so I can't be of much help with the other stuff. I do
use a 7805 regulator for logic supply without problems.

> Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:41:46 -0700
> From: Roger Brower <rbrower@...>
> Subject: Ericsson chips, Camtronics driver
>
> Does anyone know of a US retail source
> for the Ericsson PBD3517 and PBL3776
> chips used in Dan Mausch's driver board?
>
> I'm having trouble getting mine going,
> so I presume I've fried some parts. If
> I'm going to be able to count on this
> driver, I'll need spares. One axis used
> to work well, but I've had to replace
> the 7805 twice, so I added a heat sink
> and 1A fuse in +5v circuit. How much
> should it really be drawing?
>
> The IRF9Z24 and IRFZ34 Mosfets are about
> 89 ea in Digikey P232. Does anyone know
> how to test them in circuit? I have 5A
> breakers in the three +36V lines, but I
> haven't shunted them through the motor
> connectors yet; Does it really blow them
> out if no motor is being driven?
>
> I'm intending to switch the main fan
> through a temp sensor once I'm running
> any big amps, and will implement the
> mod's to shield the signal lines and
> replace the 0R1 Ohmites once I'm driving
> through the Parallel port. What kind of
> non-inductive resistors am I looking
> for?
>
> Thanks in advance- it's great to have
> this forum available, as I'm new to
> electronics and quite on my own in this
> little one horse town...
>
> Roger Brower rbrower@...

Discussion Thread

Roger Brower 2000-01-17 09:41:46 UTC Ericsson chips, Camtronics driver Tim Goldstein 2000-01-17 11:53:26 UTC Re: Ericsson chips, Camtronics driver Bjorn Lehnardt 2000-01-17 23:32:55 UTC Re: Ericsson chips, Camtronics driver beer@s... 2000-01-18 09:46:20 UTC Ericsson chips, Camtronics driver