CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off

Posted by Peter Homann
on 2002-07-09 00:02:47 UTC
Hi,

I'm in the process of testing a converter board I have built to allow
Master5 to drive the Controller box that comes standard with the Taig CNC
Mill. The standard controller uses a phase drive input. It has no limit
switch or relay driver capability.

The board I'm testing allows a single port to control 4 step/dir axis, 4
limit switches (with the option to sync the limit switch with a particular
phase), emergency stop input, drive enable input and the capability to drive
four relays.

Each of the function mentioned above are controlled by 4 PIC16F628
microcontrollers, one for each axis. The driver for the relays are provided
by a single ULN2003A chip.

Since your using Gecko's, the PMDX-120 seems like a reasonable way to go.
Although I haven't used one, only seen the site at
http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-120/index.html

Cheers,

Peter Homann
<mailto:peter.homann@...>
Work : +61 3 8530-7755
Adacel Technologies Ltd Fax : +61 3 9596-2960
250 Bay St, Brighton 3186, VIC, AUSTRALIA Mobile : 0421 601665
http://www.adacel.com.au Australian Software Engineering Excellence

This email message was scanned by the Adacel email virus scanner.

Discussion Thread

eferg2001 2002-07-08 10:34:12 UTC Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off j.guenther 2002-07-08 10:52:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off JanRwl@A... 2002-07-08 19:55:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off Peter Homann 2002-07-09 00:02:47 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off rainnea 2002-07-09 00:52:22 UTC Re: Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off rainnea 2002-07-10 02:25:21 UTC Re: Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off Ray Henry 2002-07-10 07:11:51 UTC Re: Re: Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off stephen_stallings 2002-07-10 08:45:27 UTC Re: Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off