CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 315

Darrell wrote:

> From: "Darrell" <dgehlsen@...>
>
> Well said Ron.
> What is needed for us stepper hold outs is a G code that would allow us to
> have the program ramp the steppers up to speed and then not ramp down and
> back up between moves until a G code is given telling the control to begin
> ramping again.
> What this would allow is servo like motion for moves like a tool path that
> is a square with the corners radiused so that the path is a line followed by
> a tangent arc followed by a line tangent to that arc etc.
> It would also work with the situation where the G code is a large series of
> very short segments that have a very small direction change such as an arc
> that has been interpolated into line segments. All that would be needed to
> make it work in this case would be a lead in and lead out move long enough
> to get the steppers up to speed before starting into the short segments.
> Bridgeport BOSS 5 and 6 have just such a G code called Deceleration Override
> so it must not be that hard to do.

EMC does this already! I'm surprised that other software requires the machine
to come to a full stop before executing the next program block.

If you want, EMC can also work that way, with one G code command.

Walter McCarthy 2000-01-18 05:14:45 UTC Re: Digest Number 315 Ron Ginger 2000-01-18 11:24:44 UTC Re: Digest Number 315 Darrell 2000-01-18 14:11:28 UTC Re: Digest Number 315 Bob Campbell 2000-01-18 16:38:27 UTC Re: Digest Number 315 Bob Campbell 2000-01-18 16:48:50 UTC Re: Digest Number 315 Jon Elson 2000-01-18 15:39:31 UTC Re: Digest Number 315