CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with missing interface board

wwminc wrote:

> Hello. Morris from Geckodrive told me to get to this group. Spoke very
> highly. Question: Am finishing my "homemade router" but now I'm stuck.
> Mechanicals are no problem. Can use steppers or brush servos to drive
> with Geckodrivers, easy. Can use Bobcad to draw and generate
> toolpaths,easy. Problem, were do I get the "missing board" to take
> the g-code and split it out to the drivers.

It's not a missing board. You use a (dedicated) PC with your choice of software.
I prefer EMC for the software, but that requires Linux, which scares a lot of
people off. There are many others that run under DOS or Windows.

> Any comments on stepper vs
> brush servos? 600 oz seems to be what I need to move the system.

I prefer servos. Mariss actually wrote a pretty good roundup of stepper/servo
pros and cons just about a day ago. You might search back in the newsgroup
for "stepper or servo?"

wwminc 2002-07-12 07:42:46 UTC Help with missing interface board Robert Campbell 2002-07-12 08:05:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with missing interface board Steve Blackmore 2002-07-12 10:06:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with missing interface board Jon Elson 2002-07-12 10:39:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with missing interface board JanRwl@A... 2002-07-12 19:30:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with missing interface board