CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I Have an idea re: CD Distribution of this forum

Posted by Brian Pitt
on 2002-07-19 10:29:22 UTC
you might use wget from a script or batch file to do the download
the yahoo ad pages that get thrown in will probably bugger it up
but it should still get most or all of them

the wget downloader is included in most Linux distros and is available for
that virus OS ;-)

just use a for() loop in the script to count up and wget the message
numbers

Brian

On Friday 19 July 2002 10:01, you wrote:
> Though not as ideal as a single archive, what if the software to do the
> archiving were made available for sale and it were left up to the
> individuals to decide to archive the forum. I have no problem paying for a
> piece of archiving software.
>
> I have two other forums for which I would like to capture some of the posts
> for a specific data range.
>
> This is not an ideal solution from the perspective of yahoo or those with
> limited bandwidth.
>
> I too am saddened by the prospect of no CD archive being available. I
> appreciate all the work that has been done so far.
>
> -Eric

Discussion Thread

glee@i... 2002-07-19 10:01:54 UTC I Have an idea re: CD Distribution of this forum Brian Pitt 2002-07-19 10:29:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I Have an idea re: CD Distribution of this forum