CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: engraving bits for PC board routing

on 2002-07-23 19:13:20 UTC
There is also a pcb etching list. not nearly as popular as this, but
very useful.

One of the things I found is that routing PCB's kills carbide and is
slow. I saw a post that mentioned using dykem (prussion blue) and
painting your copper as it is a great resist. Then just scratching
off where you want the copper to be etched, Then etch in a chemical
tank. Best of both worlds, CNC accurate, as well as fast and sharp
edges.

A cheap and dirty method is to just cut the traces between circuits
and leave 99% of the copper. routing a board with mostly PCB and
tiny traces takes 10 times as long.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "mayfieldtm" <mayfiet@i...> wrote:
> > What sorts of bits have people used to rout PC boards?
> > Elliot
>
> Good description for bits for different pcb applications, here...
>
> http://www.lpkfusa.com/products/product/rapidpcbpro/index.htm
>
> These guys also have an order page. They sell in 10-piece lots.
> Probably available elseware.
>
> Cruise they're site for some really good ideas.
>
> I want they're Laser PCB Router.
>
> Tom M.

Discussion Thread

Elliot Burke 2002-07-23 14:42:33 UTC engraving bits for PC board routing mayfieldtm 2002-07-23 16:24:14 UTC Re: engraving bits for PC board routing Brian 2002-07-23 17:21:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: engraving bits for PC board routing Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-07-23 17:58:05 UTC Re: engraving bits for PC board routing Al Schoepp 2002-07-23 18:25:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]engraving bits for PC board routing turbulatordude 2002-07-23 19:13:20 UTC Re: engraving bits for PC board routing