CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Source for metal sheath motor cable?

on 2002-07-24 19:42:20 UTC
There are a few kinds of metal sheathes.

one is your ordinary flexable metal conduit ( BX ) that you can buy
at Home Depot. it comes in multiple sizes, and the smalles you will
find will easily hold a dozen 18 wires.

Your electrical supply house will have some type of water tight, PVC
jacketed flexable conduit. The name is Seal-tite. I think that may
be a brand name. you can get water tight ends for it that go into
your enclosure. make sure you buy all the stuff from the same
place. I'm pretty sure McMaster Carr has the stuff too.

There are a few makers and not all the ends fit all the sizes. and
for your machine, the parts should not be too expensive. Use 90
degree fittings to let it hang and not force it to bend where needed,
that sort of stuff.

One neat thing is that the cable will fit nicely in a unistrut track
and can curl up and lay flat as your machine moves. I'm not sure of
the longevity of the jacketing if used in that manner, but it does
work. Saves on getting cable track.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Christopher Morse <climberchris@y...>