CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Taig CNC conversion

Posted by tauscnc
on 2002-08-04 22:20:36 UTC
Hey john
I'll second that, neat way to mount the motors, good job!

tauseef
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I like the channel (anodized aluminum?) used for the stepper
mounts!
> One of the slickest ways to do it I've seen. I'll keep it in mind,
> perhaps I can scale it up to work on an RF-31 retrofit.
>
> Alan KM6VV
>

> stevenson_engineers wrote:
> >
> > Managed to get the steppers fitted to my CNC conversion.
> > I've put three pics up on my web space.
> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/machines/taig1.jpg
> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/machines/taig2.jpg
> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/machines/taig3.jpg
> >
> > Taig1 is a shot of the X and Y axis. I went this way as I didn't
like
> > the direct coupling method. It looked very prone to damage and it
> > also looks a lot like Prince Charles. This way if anything gets
> > knocked it just spins on it's own centre and can't damage or bend
> > anything.
> > Looks a bit over kill but two HTD pullies and a belt were actually
> > cheaper than an oldham coupling.
> > I've kept the ratio at 1:1 and nothing on the machine has been
> > modified at all. The square flange screws onto the original Taig
> > thread and the box section bolts onto that. The timing pulley is
> > bored 5/16", keywayed and secured with the original nut. The
stepper
> > motor is free to slide up and down with two keep plates behing to
> > save messing with nuts in a confined space.
> > Taig2 is a close up shot of the Y axis and taig3 is a shot of the
> > parts for the Z axis before fitting.
> > I need to put some 2" diameter knurled knobs on the extended
shafts
> > so the screws can be turned by hand. I also have to make three
> > blanking plates for the top of the box sections to stop rubbish
> > falling down. This should finished the drive section of the
machine.

> > John S.

Discussion Thread

stevenson_engineers 2002-08-04 13:09:28 UTC Taig CNC conversion rainnea 2002-08-04 14:34:43 UTC Re: Taig CNC conversion stevenson_engineers 2002-08-04 15:36:44 UTC Re: Taig CNC conversion Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-04 15:50:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Taig CNC conversion stevenson_engineers 2002-08-04 16:20:51 UTC Re: Taig CNC conversion Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-04 16:46:57 UTC Re: Taig CNC conversion tauscnc 2002-08-04 22:20:36 UTC Re: Taig CNC conversion