CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Axis brakes - operation & control?

on 2000-01-26 06:12:11 UTC
Brad,

I have a Milltronics Partner wich has a slide between the head
and ram to create the Z axis movement. The servo motor on the
Z is equipped with a dc brake which is "on" when no power is applied.
The brake is wired to the same relay as the servo drivers. When the
control comes out of estop the relay closes, energizes the servo
drivers and releases the brake.

Bob

At 08:33 AM 1/26/00 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Brad Heuver" <bheuver@...>
>
>On machines with brakes on all the axis, are they released once the CNC
>control takes over, never to be applied again under controlled
>operation? Alternatively, if the program calls for a long X-axis only
>cut, is the Z and/or Y brake allowed to apply? I'm guessing that the
>servo's hold the position, with the brakes off, but wanted some
>feedback.
> Next, is EMC set up to control the brakes, or is this accomplished in

>another fashion? Lastly, I know this has been asked before, but does
>anyone know if emcmot will work with the servotogo series 2 card?Since
>the series one is not readily available, my conversion may require
>programing knowledge otherwise...
>

>Brad Heuver
>Mechanical Sub-Systems fax 734-523-6052
>734-52-33480 bheuver@...

Discussion Thread

Brad Heuver 2000-01-26 05:33:35 UTC Axis brakes - operation & control? Robert Bachman 2000-01-26 06:12:11 UTC Re: Axis brakes - operation & control? Jon Elson 2000-01-26 13:06:46 UTC Re: Axis brakes - operation & control? Ray Henry 2000-01-27 06:23:31 UTC Re: Axis brakes - operation & control?