CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: upgrade strategy

Posted by keongsan
on 2002-08-19 08:52:59 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "j.guenther" <j.guenther@v...> wrote:
> Check item 2, he is using DeskNC for windows which is the one with
the
> external pulse generator so the computer should not be the problem
unless it
> can't send commands through the serial port in a timely manor. I
would
> think it has more to do with software configuration, or wiring from
the
> pulse generator to the drivers. It may also have something to do
with the
> wiring from the drivers to the motors.
>
> I have a problem with my Sherline running reliably at anything over
13.5
> IPM,

When you say problem with reliability at over 13.5ipm do you mean
that the system can run over 13.5 ipm some of the time? Would that
mean that if my motor stall at 14 ipm, I would expect it to run
reliably at much less than 14ipm?

I think it is power or wiring but I have not been able to track it
> down. I tried replacing my motor wiring with 4 x 18 gauge shielded
cable,
> microphone connectors at the driver box and soldered connections at
the
> motors with no joy.

I have some 4 core shielded cable, but 2 of the 4 core have
insulation that looks like translucent "silicone rubber" and though
the cable is stranded wire, it don't seem as flexible of the "power
cables" I am used to. Wonder what these cables may be designed for
and if they are suitable for replacement of the cables I am using.

> the pulse train, most likely motor torque. I am using Pacific
Scientific 80
> oz/in 8 wire unipolar motors wired in parallel on CMD-260 drivers.
These
> motors are rated at 15.5 volts 1/2 amp, and are running on 38
volts. I will
> be upping that to 76 volts this week if all goes well. I know I
need better
> motors but it works for me and I can live with 12 IPM rapids for
now.

0.5amp and 38 volt and you are running reliably at 13.5ipm while mine
is 2.0amp and almost 60volt and I am having problem at 14ipm!!!! I
can look at this positively and think of all the upward potential!!!
Come to think of it what is the potential of my system and how far am
I from it?

keongsan

Discussion Thread

keongsan 2002-08-18 22:44:36 UTC upgrade strategy mariss92705 2002-08-18 23:13:20 UTC Re: upgrade strategy JanRwl@A... 2002-08-18 23:51:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] upgrade strategy keongsan 2002-08-19 04:01:17 UTC Re: upgrade strategy Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-08-19 05:41:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] upgrade strategy j.guenther 2002-08-19 07:15:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] upgrade strategy andrewyslee 2002-08-19 08:29:56 UTC Re: upgrade strategy keongsan 2002-08-19 08:52:59 UTC Re: upgrade strategy Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-08-19 10:49:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: upgrade strategy