CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Subject: Re: Surplus servo motors sources

on 2002-08-20 02:04:18 UTC
>You make it sooooooooooooooo hard to give deep and meaningful
>advice... Even if you don't know the load torque, if you describe
your
>intended application, we may be able to suggest something.

>What power supply did you have in mind? Or will that follow once you

>have selected a motor? How do you intend to control the servo
>motor?

>more data needed!

>Cheers, Peter

I was merely hoping for a list of urls for suppliers of surplus servo
motors. I will be using the motor for the spindle of a CNC coil winder.
I'm not sure of the size required as I am not yet sure what the spindle
and chuck will be like in terms of weight. The coils and the wire are
small and this respectively and have no real effect of the torque
required from the motor.

For a power supply I will build to suit the selected motor. I am
hoping to use a Geckodrive for control along with an Encoder.

Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2002-08-20 02:04:18 UTC Subject: Re: Surplus servo motors sources JJ 2002-08-20 04:51:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Subject: Re: Surplus servo motors sources Peter 2002-08-20 08:09:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Subject: Re: Surplus servo motors sources Jon Elson 2002-08-21 00:37:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Subject: Re: Surplus servo motors sources