CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: gecko 201 question

Posted by rsgoldner
on 2002-08-22 12:26:28 UTC
A half step is two increments per step. The G201 does 10 increments
per step. It can hold at any of the 10 increment positions. The
Gecko drives are excellent. I use them on my Grizzly mini-mill CNC
conversion.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "kimvellore" <kim@b...> wrote:
> I was reading the specs for the Gecko stepper driver and the G201
has
> says it can do 10 micro steps per step does that mean it cannot do
> half step. So one gets only a smooth step but cannot hold in 1/2
step
> increments? so there is no functional advantage compared with
others
> that can do half steps. Please correct me if I am wrong, I am
> shopping for hardware for CNC and comparing controllers, prices
and
> what it can do.
>
> Thanks
> Kim

Discussion Thread

kimvellore 2002-08-22 11:59:59 UTC gecko 201 question rsgoldner 2002-08-22 12:26:28 UTC Re: gecko 201 question