CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: First Impressions of Alibre Design

Posted by rcstickman
on 2002-08-26 16:39:09 UTC
I will jump in here as it was I who posted about Dolphin. Please
bear in mind I have just gotten Alibre and an very new to Dolphin so
I might not be able to answer all your questions.

First of all, I modeled a part in Alibre,(first step) then I skipped
the second part (assembly) since my model was pretty straightforward
I just let Alibre make a 2D drawing of my 3D model. I then saved the
drawing in a DXF format and imported the drawing to Dolphin.

I took the drawing and created contours of the Geometry in my drawing.
Presto, it went from there to the Milling module where I defined and
selected the tool, did the rest of the machining setup and ran the
simulation.

All seemed to work just fine. It consisted of simple circles,
straight lines ect.... but I've no reason to believe that between the
two programs I won't be able to do what I want.

So far I am very impressed. I can't comment on Rhino as I only have
an old demo of version 1. I have not tried it as I suspect but am not
sure that Alibre will require Rhino Version 2.

Curiously I have not found a way to print from Alibre directly. I
exported my model in ACIS format to Turbocad 8 Pro and was able to
print ect.. the model ok.

I will wait to see if this is similar to what Bob Campbell is doing.

All I know for sure is I love this program almost as much as I do
Dolphin Partmaster Version 7. Between the two I'm sure I will be lost
for hours on my computer. (my wife will just have to miss me)

Alan Trest
Pensacola Florida

<CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y...>
> <bob@campbellde
cc:

> signs.com> Fax
to:
> Subject: Re:
[CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: First Impressions of Alibre Design

08/26/2002

> 03:08
PM

> Please
respond

CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO

> Eric,
>
> The suggested retail price is $495. I am selling it for $395.
>
> On-line you can get real-time personal support from the Alibre
Assistant.

> One of the main features of Alibre is a very useful collaboration
tool.
> This
> allows teams to work together on-line with real data.
>
> Working on-line gets you all the latest updates when they are
available.

> Off-line you still have a complete feature based, parametric solid
> modeler.
>
> Bob Campbell

POSTING THEM.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/