CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Fw: re Odd problem ;Metric-problems

Posted by Jan
on 2000-01-28 02:01:33 UTC
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Jan <postmaster@...>
Aan: frederick.proctor@... <frederick.proctor@...>
Datum: woensdag 26 januari 2000 14:05
Onderwerp: Metric-problems

To everyone on the emc@... -group following the odd-problem

I had the same problem as Clint Bach, here is how I got it.

Send this directly to Fred as for some reason or another I can't mail to emc@...

Fred,

Put all units to 1 in the ini-file, (so metric is used). MDI still uses inches when an axis movement is given, also offsetting an axis (right mouse click) other then zero gives values, used on the other side of the water. Bug? G92 can solve just the first problem.

Tried in MDI (with above problem) with steppers: G2 X0 Y0 i0 j-20, gave me a blocked tKemc and the word "nan" on the 3 axis and making my amp's whistle?

December version and RH 5.2.

Jan