CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: preprocessor postprocessor

Posted by cadcamcenter
on 2002-08-29 08:02:35 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Greg Pettengill" <gregp@f...> wrote:
> [...]
Code) format.

> > Just learned that there is such a thing as preprocessor, which I
> > dimly understand to be something that make sure that the source
code
> > will be understood by whatever compiler to be used to compile them
> > into an executable program.
>
> I think that you are confusing Computer Programming (i.e. C-
language) with
> CNC Machine Tool Programming.
>
> > Is my understanding way off the mark? Is there any thing that
anyone
> > can add to the above that can add to our understanding of what
> > exactly is a post-processor? Like perhaps throwing some light on
how
> > a pre-processor and post-processor work, and if one can dish up a
> > post-processor (other than for the infamous MasterCAM) even
without
> > knowledge of the source codes?

Hi Greg, Bob, etc.,

Thanks. Trying to peep in a little deeper, something like that
book "Inside the IBM PC" rather than just clicking button without
knowing what is going on underneath. Wondering if the post-processor
works in some similar way as the pre-processor or if they are world
apart.

> Please feel free to give me a call if you wish...
>
> Best Regards
> Greg Pettengill
> Cote' Art & Engineering
> 321 269-7587

Thanks for the kind offer Greg. For that I'll have to wait for an
internet phone. I'm a loooong way off on the other side of the world.

Peter

Discussion Thread

cadcamcenter 2002-08-29 00:29:25 UTC preprocessor postprocessor cadcamcenter 2002-08-29 00:32:52 UTC preprocessor postprocessor Robert Campbell 2002-08-29 06:19:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] preprocessor postprocessor Greg Pettengill 2002-08-29 06:58:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] preprocessor postprocessor cadcamcenter 2002-08-29 08:02:35 UTC Re: preprocessor postprocessor cadcamcenter 2002-08-29 08:42:55 UTC Re: preprocessor postprocessor Greg Pettengill 2002-08-29 09:22:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: preprocessor postprocessor