CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Bridgeport stepper setup with RC-500

on 2002-09-04 17:04:22 UTC

Hi Dave,

I just found 3 documents on AHHA's web site and they do mention setting the
current to 10 amps but then concentrate mostly on the limit switch
configuration.

The documents I saw do not mention if the 10 amp setting assumes series
windings (10 amps through each coil), parallel windings (5 amps through each
coil), or single winding (10 amps through one winding) configuration in each
motor phase. These are all options with the 8-wire motors. Do you remember
how wired yours?

They do mention that you can use the 'existing' wiring. Since the two
windings of each phase are jumpered together at the motor this would mean
that they must be using either one winding per phase or the two windings in
series (i.e.: not windings in parallel)....

Cheers,

Chuck Hackett
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
7.5" gauge UP Northern 844