CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Master 5, or YA CNCPRO

Posted by cadcamcenter
on 2002-09-04 22:56:52 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "ticutter" <browzer@i...> wrote:
> I am buying a small taig mill with a servo set up that is driven
buy
> gecko 340 chips. It is running on supercam from supertech.
> Supercam is a a step and direction controller.
> I would keep it but it is very weak on gcode. (supercam)
> Can I use master 5 or cncpro to control this mill?
> If so , how complicated is the conversion from supercam to either
one
> of these controllers?

Hi Darrel,

That should be a simple matter of redoing the pin-outs on the driver
and/or the breakout board to match the pin-outs of the controller
software you plan to use. If the pin-outs of the controller are
totally configurable, it would be just reconfiguring in the software
the pinouts to match that existing in the supertech driver.

Peter

Discussion Thread

ticutter 2002-09-04 20:43:04 UTC Master 5, or YA CNCPRO cadcamcenter 2002-09-04 22:56:52 UTC Re: Master 5, or YA CNCPRO