CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Use a scope todetermineovervoltageneededforstepper motors

Posted by hansw
on 2000-01-29 23:58:47 UTC
Jon,
Sure I agree 100%, I thought you referred to the super scope i.e. the $$$$$ version... Modern scope are just fine for capturing
single shot events, considering they do giga samples second... would take some real fast stepper motor to beat that....
I used the 465 for years, it's stable and is well made, and for everyday stuff it's good... I'm doing a lot of digital stuff and
signal are repetitive so my 4 channel Iwatsu works fine... Some time ago I had access to a paper recording oscilloscope, it could
shoot paper are 45 inches second, the paper came out horizontal as if it was levitating... Expensive to run. The light sensitive
paper was developed with UV and was good for several years if stored in the moderate light after the intial exposure.. It also had
32 channels... just another pile of junk, at over $120 for a 150 foot roll of paper it was not used that often...
hansw