CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Bad Bearing

Posted by Kurt Bilinski
on 2002-09-15 23:09:47 UTC
Another solution can be Locktite. They have an adhesive especially made for
keeping bearings in their bore. Check out their website.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., bjammin@i... wrote:
> At 06:10 PM 9/13/02 -0000, you wrote:
> >When you get the new bearing here's a little trick I use to get a
> >press fit in a slightly too large hole. Put the housing in a vise
> >and use a center punch to create a series of divots around the
inside
> >of the bearing seat. These divots will displace some metal up and
> >allow you to press in a new bearing in a slightly too large hole.
>
> Not really reliable ... knurling is better. But the raised metal is
way low
> in surface area and will often simply fret away or be pushed back
down.

> Regards, Hoyt McKagen

How do you knurl the inside of a bearing seat? I've seen knurling
tools for outside diameters, but I didn't know there was such a thing
for an internal curve.

-Erik Reikes

Discussion Thread

Kurt Bilinski 2002-09-15 23:09:47 UTC Bad Bearing turbulatordude 2002-09-16 14:12:20 UTC seating bearings, ( was Re: Bad Bearing Scot R. Darr 2002-09-16 15:33:43 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] seating bearings, ( was Re: Bad Bearing